Preparing For Your Sedona Vortex Yoga Hike
- We recommend you wear shoes with some traction, bring sunglasses and a hat, sunscreen, a water bottle, a sweater and a snack for your comfort. Please let us know your your yoga experience so we can match you with Yoga at a Sacred Site that’s perfect for you.
- All Sedona vortex Yoga tours are open to other participants to attend
- No prior yoga or hiking experience is needed; we do very gentle nature-walks
- Let us know what you would like to experience on your Sedona YogaLife sacred tour.
Frequently Asked Questions for Yoga Tours–
No. We provide mats for you.
Must I wear hiking boots?
Good sneakers or teva-type supportive hiking sandals are fine. (No flip flops!) Do not take a chance on using new hiking boots that are not broken in (Blister City!). We are NOT doing buns-of-steel hiking, just short, leisurely natur- walks.
What do I wear?
Loose-fitting comfortable clothes you can stretch in and sit on the ground in. Bring layers to put on and off as it grows warmer or cooler at different parts of the day.
What do I bring?
A water bottle, a snack, a light windbreaker or jacket, a sun hat, sun glasses and sunscreen. Retreat guests will receive a letter with a list of items to be sure to pack.
How much Yoga do we do?
That depends on the request of the guests scheduling the hike. There could be a half hour to 1.5 hours depending on guest requests and the length of the hike. A tentative schedule for Yoga and hiking at our YogaLife Sedona-Grand Canyon Retreats is on the retreat page.
What if I am a beginner and my companion has never done Yoga?
We tailor the hike to each person’s interests and are able to do gentle Yoga when some clients have little or no experience and would like a taste of yoga. Sometimes husbands take photos while wives do yoga.
How difficult is the hike?
All of our hikes are easy to moderate, and we let our clients set the pace. We do not lead rigorous or challenging hikes, just leisurely, short to moderate meditative nature-walks.
What is a vortex anyway?
See short video on the hike page www.yogalife.net/sedona_yoga_hikes.html.
Visit www.yogalife.net/vortex.html LINKS
What is a Sacred or Spiritual Sites tour?
To learn more about our Sedona Sacred Sites Tour, please go to the hike page www.yogalife.net/sedona_yoga_hikes.html for a description. LINKS Sacred Site tours are visits to the Amitabha Stupa, the Lodge Labyrinth and the Chapel of the Holy Cross.
What kind of gratuity would you suggest we give the leader?
Anything you give would be appreciated if you are moved to give from your heart.
What do we do if it rains?
Scroll down for a list of inclement weather alternatives. There is a lot to see in Sedona even if you need to take an umbrella. We have lovely yellow plastic rain panchos and we can always postpone a hike a day or so.
How do we schedule the date for Yoga at a Sacred Site vortex experience?
Call Johanna at 928-282-9900 or email email@example.com to schedule the date. Then we will send you a confirmation form.
How To Register and Complete Payment
- Call 928-282-9900 to schedule a custom group hike or tour for 4-25 guests as available with at least 3 days of advance notice. Once your hike or tour is scheduled, you will receive a hike confirmation form and a PayPal invoice for payment due.
- Hike Discounts: We are happy to offer group discounts: 6-10 guests $10 off; 11-15 guests $15 off; 16-20 guests $20 off; and 21-25 guests $25 off; 26-36 guests $30 off the regular per person hike fee.
- Cancellation: Hikes may be cancelled without penalty up to 3 days (or 72 hours) prior to the hike date. Cancellation with shorter notice will receive an 80% refund.
- Inclement Weather: In the event of last-minute inclement weather, we will offer you a choice of alternate Sedona Spirit Yoga experiences: (1) an alternate vortex yoga experience with short visits to several vortexes; (2) a meditative sacred sites tour; or (3) the opportunity to reschedule your hike or tour
Ultimate 5-Day Sedona-Grand Canyon Retreats:
- Call 928-282-9900 to discuss retreat features and check that the retreat is a match for you. Following your interview with Johanna, submit a registration form with a $200 non-refundable deposit to Sedona Spirit Yoga & Hiking to secure your space. Agree to pay the remaining retreat balance one month (30 days) before the retreat start date.
- Please refrain from alcohol during your Yoga retreat. When you join a Sedona YogaLife Retreat, it’s all about opening up to the flow of energy and receiving the benefits of Yoga and the mystical power of Sedona’s vortexes. The goal is to expand consciousness and access greater clarity. Drinking alcohol can numb the body, mind and spirit and interfere with the optimal flow of energy. For this reason, we prohibit alcohol or drug consumption during the retreat program and request that guests refrain from drinking alcohol in the evening after our program ends. However, this is an adult retreat and we honor your right to make your own choices after program hours..
- Want to stay extra nights? Once you register for the retreat with Johanna, she will secure a room in your name. Then you can call the hotel, and pay the going rate to extend your time in the same room, adding extra nights before or after the retreat.
- Inclement Weather: In the event of inclement weather during a retreat, we still hold the Ultimate 5-Day Sedona-Grand Canyon Retreat as the dates are fixed and the team is hired. We will offer you a choice of alternate Sedona Spirit Yoga experiences if weather should prohibit hiking:
- an alternate vortex yoga experience with short visits to several vortexes, a meditative sacred sites tour to the Amitabha Stupa, the Labyrinth at the Lodge, and the Chapel of the Holy Cross
- a combination of two sacred sites and one vortex visit
- tours of Montezuma’s Castle and Well, or
- more in-depth indoor Yoga
Life happens and sometimes we need to change plans. For all Sedona Spirit Yoga & Hiking vortex retreats, the custom ones as well as our four Ultimate 5-Day Sedona-Grand Canyon Retreats, our policy is as follows:
- Cancellation up to 30 days prior to Sedona Spirit Yoga & Hiking retreat start–payment is refunded minus $200 non-refundable registration fee per person.
- With proper notification of at least 30 days, guests can transfer payment and balance paid (minus $200 registration fee) to another Sedona Spirit Yoga & Hiking vortex retreat date within the same year.
- Cancellation up to 15 days prior to Sedona retreat start, —no refunds; after the $200 non-refundable registration fee is deducted, 50% of retreat fees paid can be applied to another retreat in the same year in the event of a documented medical emergency or death in the family.
- Cancellation less than 15 days before Sedona retreat start date, no refunds for any reason or funds applied to future retreats.
- Absolutely no refunds for any reason once a retreat begins.
- Our Ultimate 5-Day Sedona-Grand Canyon Retreat may be cancelled with full refund two weeks before start date if we have not met the minimum of 6 guests registered. However, if you already have your flights, we can help arrange lodging and a choice of vortex Yoga hike activities for your independent visit in the event of a cancelled retreat. We will customize a private retreat just for you.
- In the event of a retreat cancellation, we will work with you to achieve a satisfactory solution.
Where to Stay
- Our retreat lodging site and first recommendation is the Arabella Hotel, 771 Highway 179 Sedona,AZ 86336, www.arabellahotelsedona.com, 844-300-2567
- Our favorite B&B recommendation is the Lantern Light Inn, 3085 West Highway 89A, Sedona AZ 86336, www.lanternlightinn.com, email firstname.lastname@example.org, 928-282-3419 or Toll Free: 1-877-275-4973
- Flights are into Sky Harbor International Airport, Phoenix, AZ, with a straight easy drive north on Interstate17 to exit 298, Route 179 into Sedona. The drive is about an hour and 45 minutes, but you might need to plan for an extra half hour for service and airport shuttle at the rental car agencies.
- Van shuttle to hotel lodging in Sedona and the Village of Oak Creek is available: $99 round trip + tip each way, Ace Xpress 928-639-3357; Toll Free 800-336-2239. A second van shuttle is the Arizona Shuttle ($99 plus tips round trip to Airport), 800-888-2749. Visit website–http://www.arizonashuttle.com/sedona-home-pickup-drop/
- Shared car rentals are encouraged
- No car needed. The Arabella Hotel is in walking distance from great restaurants and shops.
- Transportation to all tours is provided
- Let Johanna know if you would like to share a car rental