Preparing For Your Sedona Spirit Yoga Vortex Hike
- We recommend you wear shoes with some traction, bring sunglasses and a hat, sunscreen, a water bottle, a sweater and a snack for your comfort. Please let us know your your Yoga experience, if any, so we can match you with Yoga at a Sacred Site that’s perfect for you.
- Except for private groups, all other Sedona vortex Yoga hikes are open to have other call-ins attend
- No prior Yoga or hiking experience is needed; we do very gentle nature-walks and moderate hikes
- Let us know what you would like to experience on your Sedona Spirit Yoga vortex hike.
Frequently Asked Questions for Yoga Tours–
No. We provide mats for you–in easy-to-carry shoulder-strap bags.
Must I wear hiking boots?
Good sneakers or teva-type supportive hiking sandals are fine. (No flip flops!) Do not take a chance on using new hiking boots that are not broken in (Blister City!). We are NOT doing buns-of-steel hiking, just short, leisurely natur- walks and moderate hikes.
What do I wear?
Loose-fitting comfortable clothes you can stretch in and sit on the ground in. Bring layers to put on and off as it grows warmer or cooler at different parts of the day.
What do I bring?
A water bottle, a snack, a light windbreaker or jacket, a sun hat, sun glasses and sunscreen. Retreat guests will receive a letter with a list of items to be sure to pack.
How much Yoga do we do?
That depends on the request of the guests scheduling the hike. There could be a half hour to 1.5 hours depending on guest requests and the length of the hike.
What if I am a beginner and my companion has never done Yoga?
We tailor the hike to each person’s interests and are able to do gentle Yoga when some clients, who would like a taste of Yoga, have little or no experience. Sometimes husbands take photos while wives do Yoga abd sometimes they join in and find Yoga stretches very beneficial.
How difficult is the hike?
All of our hikes are easy to moderate, and we let our clients set the pace. We do not lead rigorous or challenging hikes, just leisurely, short to moderate meditative nature-walks.
What is a vortex anyway?
See short video on the hike page www.yogalife.net/sedona_yoga_hikes.html.
Visit www.yogalife.net/vortex.html LINKS
What happens on a Sedona Spirit Yoga vortex hike?
To learn more about our Sedona Spirit Yoga Hikes, please go to the Sedona Spirit Yoga Hike Page for a description. LINKS A Sacred Site tour visits the Amitabha Stupa, the Lodge Labyrinth and the Chapel of the Holy Cross.
What kind of gratuity would you suggest we give the leader?
Anything you give would be appreciated if you are moved to give from your heart.
What do we do if it rains?
Scroll down for a list of inclement weather alternatives. There is a lot to see in Sedona even if you need to take an umbrella. We have lovely yellow plastic rain panchos. We are willing to take you out to vortexes for meditation in rainy weather if this is the only day you can schedule. Or we can always postpone a hike a day or so if you are staying in Sedona a while.
How do we schedule the date for a Sedona Spirit Yoga & Hiking experience?
Call Johanna at 928-282-9900 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule the date. Then we will send you a confirmation form.
How To Register and Complete Payment
- Call 928-282-9900 to schedule a custom group hike for 4-25 guests as available with at least 3 days of advance notice. Once your hike or tour is scheduled, you will receive a hike confirmation form and a PayPal invoice for payment due.
- Hike Discounts: We are happy to offer group discounts: see our Vortex Yoga Hike Page
- Cancellation: Hikes may be cancelled without penalty up to 3 days (or 72 hours) prior to the hike date. Cancellation with shorter notice will receive an 80% refund.
- Inclement Weather: In the event of last-minute inclement weather, we will offer you a choice of alternate Sedona Spirit Yoga experiences: (1) an alternate vortex yoga experience with short visits to several vortexes; (2) a meditative sacred sites tour; or (3) the opportunity to reschedule your hike or tour
Ultimate 5-Day Sedona-Grand Canyon Retreats:
- Call 928-282-9900 to discuss retreat features and check that the retreat is a match for you. Following your interview with Johanna, submit a registration form with a $200 non-refundable deposit to Sedona Spirit Yoga & Hiking to secure your space. Agree to pay the remaining retreat balance one month (30 days) before the retreat start date.
- Please refrain from alcohol during PROGRAM HOURS of your Yoga retreat. When you join a Sedona YogaLife Retreat, it’s all about opening up to the flow of energy and receiving the benefits of Yoga and the mystical power of Sedona’s vortexes. The goal is to expand consciousness and access greater clarity. Drinking alcohol in between morning and afternoon activities can numb the body, mind and spirit and interfere with the optimal flow of energy. For this reason, we prohibit alcohol or drug consumption during the retreat program hours and request that guests refrain from or minimize drinking alcohol in the evening after our program ends. However, this is an adult retreat and we honor your right to make your own choices after program hours..
- Want to stay extra nights? Once you register for the retreat with Johanna, she will secure a room in your name. Then you can call the hotel, and pay the going rate to extend your time in the same room, adding extra nights before or after the retreat.
- Inclement Weather: In the event of inclement weather during a retreat, we still hold the Ultimate 5-Day Sedona-Grand Canyon Retreat as the dates are fixed and the team is hired. We will offer you a choice of alternate Sedona Spirit Yoga experiences if weather should prohibit hiking:
- An alternate vortex yoga experience with short visits to several vortexes, a meditative sacred sites tour to the Amitabha Stupa, the Labyrinth at the Lodge, and the Chapel of the Holy Cross
- A combination of two sacred sites and one vortex visit
- Tours of Montezuma’s Castle and Well, or
- More in-depth indoor Yoga, Yoga Therapy, and
soothing Yoga Nidra
- Extra time for coaching and private healing sessions
Life happens and sometimes we need to change plans. For all Sedona Spirit Yoga & Hiking vortex retreats, the custom ones as well as our four Ultimate 5-Day Sedona-Grand Canyon Retreats, our policy is as follows:
- Cancellation up to 30 days prior to Sedona Spirit Yoga & Hiking retreat start–payment is refunded minus $200 non-refundable registration fee per person.
- With proper notification of at least 30 days, guests can transfer payment and balance paid (minus $200 registration fee) to another Sedona Spirit Yoga & Hiking vortex retreat date within the same year.
- Cancellation up to 15 days prior to Sedona retreat start, —no refunds; after the $200 non-refundable registration fee is deducted, 50% of retreat fees paid can be applied to another retreat in the same year in the event of a documented medical emergency or death in the family.
- Cancellation less than 15 days before Sedona retreat start date, no refunds for any reason or funds applied to future retreats.
- Absolutely no refunds for any reason once a retreat begins. Even if you have a family emergency, there is no refund, but you would have the chance to attend other Sedona Spirit Yoga & Hiking events. Should any challenges arise during a retreat, guests are committed to communicating concerns and working with retreat staff and other members to find satisfying solutions to assure a successful retreat experience.
- Our Ultimate 5-Day Sedona-Grand Canyon Retreat may be cancelled with full refund two weeks before start date if we have not met the minimum of 6 guests registered. However, if you already have your flights, we will lead a Sedona Spirit Yoga & Hiking Retreat for you personally with some slight changes that we agree upon before the start date. We can customize a private retreat just for you.
- In the event of a retreat cancellation, we will work with you to achieve a satisfactory solution.
Where to Stay
- Our retreat lodging site and first recommendation is the Arabella Hotel, 771 Highway 179 Sedona,AZ 86336, www.arabellahotelsedona.com, 844-300-2567
- Our favorite B&B recommendation is the Lantern Light Inn, 3085 West Highway 89A, Sedona AZ 86336, www.lanternlightinn.com, email email@example.com, 928-282-3419 or Toll Free: 1-877-275-4973
- Flights are into Sky Harbor International Airport, Phoenix, AZ, with a straight easy drive north on Interstate17 to exit 298, Route 179 into Sedona. The drive is about an hour and 45 minutes, but you might need to plan for an extra half hour for service and airport shuttle at the rental car agencies.
- Van shuttle to hotel lodging in Sedona and the Village of Oak Creek is available: $99 round trip + tip each way, Ace Xpress 928-639-3357; Toll Free 800-336-2239. A second van shuttle is the Arizona Shuttle ($99 plus tips round trip to Airport), 800-888-2749. Visit website–http://www.arizonashuttle.com/sedona-home-pickup-drop/
- Shared car rentals are encouraged
- No car needed. The Arabella Hotel is in walking distance from great restaurants and shops.
- Transportation to all tours is provided
- Let Johanna know if you would like to share a car rental